We’re seeking a part-time Administrator with book-keeping and financial experience to support the Management Committee on a long-term contract.
Background to this role
The ABC is going through a period of rapid change, with the appointment of a Chief Executive and Head of Membership Services within the past 12 months. The part-time administrator supports the association and, in many ways, is the hub of the organisation; acting as the liaison between Member walls, Partners, contractors and the ABC’s officers. They need to have their finger on all that is going on, make connections, deliver pieces of work and keep us on the straight and narrow – no mean feat! However, it is a role that will appeal to an organised, customer-focused and enthusiastic administrator and financial services specialist who is interested in playing a small role in shaping the future of indoor climbing.
The existing administrative contract ends on 31st March 2018 although it is envisaged there will be an ongoing hand-over period.
This role is part-time at 1-2 days per week but flexes with demand. It requires a wide range of administrative experience and skills, including:
- Customer Services
- Enquiries from existing and aspirant centres including Membership applications
- Act as the liaison between the Committees, Officers and Members
- Liaison with partners (e.g. Climb Group, Sport England, Associate Members)
- Secretarial Administration
- Maintaining statutory records in-house and with third parties
- Maintain documentation, data and communications (Incl GDPR)
- Liaising between Officers, Committees, Members and third parties
- Financial Administration / Accounting
- Managing financial transactions and payroll on Sage & Payroo
- Monitoring income and expenditure (access to accounts) plus Year End
- Producing monthly and quarterly accounts and budgets
We would like to hear from people with the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Customer focused – both in working with members, partners and the ABC team
- High levels of numeracy and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of relevant software such as Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Powerpoint). We also use ‘Teamwork’ for our files and comms
- Detailed knowledge of Sage and double-entry book-keeping, incl payroll
- Knowledge of the indoor climbing market
- Self-starting with the ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team, with limited supervision – ability to manage time effectively
- Experience of a business start-up environment
- Experience of working with volunteers
We are interested in hearing from individuals or organisations who can provide this service. They may be a contractor who can call off work from, or people who want flexible part time work. This role will be home based, and people will be expected to provide their own office equipment.
How to apply
Please send a single page covering letter and CV setting out your relevant experience and credentials, set against the specification above to graham@. This must include your daily rate for the work, and two referees for similar work. The closing date for applications is 18th March 2018, with interviews in the week commencing 19th March. Applications will be assessed against the person specification above in a Skype interview.